Considered one of the largest gaming success stories I founded Gambling-Advertising in 2005. From just a need to succeed it grew to the 3rd largest agency in the world by 2008 reaching over 118 countries in over 20 languages.
Followed by one of South Africa’s tech success stories I founded Smokoo. From just an idea and persistence Smokoo.com grew more than 2.5 million visits in less than 6 months setting to date unprecedented records of growth and revenue for a website in South Africa.
Today you will find me doing what I love most, at the head of the fastest growing digital agency in JHB as the CEO of Just Perfect Digital Agency. If you are an early riser you are very welcome for coffee during my quiet time from 4 am to 7 am.
– Present (1 year 6 months)Johannesburg Area, South Africa
– Present (8 years 4 months)sandton, south africa
– (8 months)Johannesburg Area, South Africa
Smokoo is the right example of a successful South African start up who grew in as little as six month to the 29th most visited site in SA,. I started the company with an initial marketing budget of R10k and grew the company to the fastest ever growing site in Africa with traffic reaching over 300.000 visitors in month six, grossing a monthly revenue of 5.5 million rands. Prior selling it in March 2011
• Structure, coordinate, assemble A-player team
• Developed performance dashboards
• Oversee campaign implementation, tracking, heatmap and launch
• Built and managed seven figure media plans across over 1.000 channels
• Evaluate reports and make reallocation recommendations
• All campaigns managed to achieve specific direct response goals
• Serve as main point of contact for all online media agencies
• Develop media plans consisting of display, email, podcasts, and viral marketing
• Negotiate ad rates with display, podcast, email, and video vendors
– (3 years 2 months)johannesburg area, south africa
I have been in the advertising industry for many years mostly involved in the online marketing sector. I positioned us as the third largest specialized advertising agency and used to run the core business of many online sites and affiliate marketing departments.
In my time here I have been involved in research and business expansions into new and emerging markets, the development and integration of new partnerships as well as the upgrading and launching of new software and products.
I also have a keen interest in Web 2.0 and have researched and implemented new social media campaigns as well as performance driven marketing campaigns, branding campaigns and lead generation campaigns.
These campaigns have been both above and below the line and I am comfortable in dealing with both traditional media, such as print and broadcast, and new media, such as online and EDM. I am also interested in viral marketing and find the concept both amusing and effective.
I have represented the company at numerous online marketing and affiliate related conferences all around the world going to every continent on a yearly basis upon clients’ request.
– (1 year 10 months)Paris Area, France
As a sales executive I was responsible for starting, increasing and developing sales. I excelled at taking all the steps associated with current client management, new client identification and sales management of potential clients.
I had, and continue to have, the ability to develop strong communication channels with both internal and external clients which is crucial to business success. Regular and challenging targets were set and always met. These targets were reached principally by continuous presence in the field – visiting or communicating with potential clients and partners using a wide range of networks.